Benefits of Membership
North Carolina Business Group on Health (NCBGH) offers our 50+ member companies bi-annual “Membership Meetings” that bring experts in from around the country to share their best practices, create a culture of learning and, most importantly, networking among member companies. Please review the agendas of our past meetings to learn more.
However, our three most significant accomplishments to date are:
- We were recognized and invited to join the State of North Carolina Health Reform Technical Advisory Group. This committee was charged with designing the health insurance exchanges mandated by PPACA and which began operations in October, 2013. Our two members were the only employer representatives on the Committee. As it turned out, North Carolina opted for a federally run exchange. However, the Health Reform Technical Advisory Group provided excellent support to the State Legislature, the State Insurance Commissioner and the Governor and the decision to go with the federal exchange was no reflection on the valuable input from this Committee.
- In partnership with over 10 insurance industry leaders, including the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce and the Employers Association, we launched Step Up Carolinas, an 8 week fitness challenge throughout the Carolinas; The State of North Carolina Health Plan and over 20 leading employers signed up for the challenge, with over 11,000 employees participating! To learn more, visit www.stepupcarolinas.org; and,
- We have brought together over 100 senior Human Resources and Finance executives to share, learn and network at our 6 events; 2 more events are scheduled for 2014, plus some new ways to network, stay tuned!
To help ensure our future success while encouraging the participation of employers of all sizes, we have set membership dues at the nominalamount of $100 per annum. Payment of the $100
membership dues will allow 2 individuals from your company to attend our two semi-annual General Membership Meetings. Non-members will be charged $75 per person, per event, so
joining NCBGH provides a savings of $200 per year!
As a member, you will enjoy:
- Participation for you and a colleague at our twice per year General Membership Meetings, along with access to our "NCBGH LinkedIn Group" exclusive to NCBGH members.
- Access to the special “members only area” of the website.This helps keep our members connected with their peers; the social networking aspects of our site is one of the key values for NCBGH membership. With social networking support, simple tools for staying in touch, space for sharing documents and photos and resources to support our membership; all behind a private “user name” and “password” protected area, our members are connected like never before.
- Access to industry leading experts and your peer HR executives who are members.
- Access to HR Certification Institute credits earned at our General Membership meetings.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to your participation in our group!